Re: API or spec to limit a certain sending track

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 19:49:30 +0200
To: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy)
<fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
> So
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-26#page-16
>
> says
>
>    WebRTC Endpoints that are sending media are
>    REQUIRED to implement support for TMMBR messages, and MUST follow
>
>    bandwidth limitations set by a TMMBR message received for their SSRC.
>

> The last I heard from Chrome team is they planned to implement WebRTC 1.0
> and I have not seen them arguing for removing TMMBR from the spec so I am
> sort of surprised to hear that. It seems like as far the spec goes, the
> support TMMBR is fairly clear.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=7103

"Remove TMMBR support from webrtc as it hasn't been possible to
configure it for some time."

> I totally understand that the specs are not done and the browsers don't
> fully implement specs yet and that people are still trying to figure out
> what they can get to work now in chrome - but that seems more appropriate
> for some bugtracker prioritizing chrome features.

Sure. If TMMBR is a MUST in the WebRTC spec, then my question above is
satisfied.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>