Re: Seeking opinions on github info to list

On 29 October 2016 at 07:47, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Notifying individually about issue and PR filing makes sense to me.
>
> Not so sure that we need individual close and merge notifications, which (roughly) double the amount of traffic.
>
> Would it be possible to aggregate close/merge notifications?

I think a better approach would be to mimic the config that the HTTP
working group does.  There is a separate list for github
notifications.  That can be very high volume.  It helps with filtering
(don't subscribe!), and it meets the archival requirements fluffy
mentioned.  You can even get a mailing list digest.

Personally, I find the github emails better.  I subscribe to the level
that I care about for every repo that I'm interested in.  On some
repos, that's just specific issues.  The mailing list is much harder
to tailor to individual needs.