Re: Shared Web Worker with WebRTC

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 14:27:17 +0100
To: Jonathan Hipkiss <jhipkiss@gettalkative.uk>, public-webrtc@w3.org

The Web Worker access to datachannel work stalled after a number of
issues were raised about the proposals, and the proposers did not update
the proposals to take care of them. It's now a "beyond 1.0" feature.

Worker access to media and peerconnections is definitely a more
complicated issue.

So unless someone cares to contribute work on this, it won't happen, and
under no circumstances does it seem possible to get it done in a
Webrtc-1.0 timeframe.

But people who want to contribute work are welcome to get together.