Shared Web Worker with WebRTC

From: Jonathan Hipkiss <jhipkiss@gettalkative.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 16:50:17 -0000
To: <public-webrtc@w3.org>
To whom it may concern,

I am currently facing a problem that would be of great benefit to those
working with WebRTC.

The problem:

-          Maintaining a WebRTC call/connection between web pages.

The solution:

Traditionally this is done via a "popup". However I am proposing to achieve
this by utilising Shared Web Workers by maintaining the connection on a
background thread, which is accessed by each page on a website of the same
origin. Thus, driving the industry forward and opening up a lot of different
and exciting capabilities for WebRTC.

Kind regards

Jonathan Hipkiss MEng

Product Devlopment

Alacrity House, Moderator Wharf, Kingsway, Newport, NP20 1HG

Tel no:    +44 (0) 1633 259 517

Mobile:  +44 (0) 7585 633 140

  _____

and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the