Re: maxHeight and maxWidth

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 01:23:56 +0000
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
CC: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Feb 12, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com<mailto:pthatcher@google.com>> wrote:

If you want glitch-free scale down and scale up, I believe we already have the controls you need: clone the track, apply constraints, and make 2 RtpSenders.  It's not as convenient as using encoding parameters but it works.

[BA] That's what bugs me about this - the only reason to add another attribute to RTCRtpEncodingParameters is if it enables developers to do something they cannot already accomplish with track cloning.

But so far, we haven't considered a scenario that cannot be accomplished with what we already have.