Re: maxHeight and maxWidth

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 01:13:48 +0000
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
CC: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Feb 12, 2016, at 3:46 PM, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com<mailto:pthatcher@google.com>> wrote:

What kind of an endpoint can only receive a fixed height of 90 pixels, can't scale, wants to receive a screencast, and can receive an arbitrary aspect ratio (and presumably crop it, since it can't scale)?

This sounds so theoretical to me that I'd like a little more detail about what this strange endpoint is.

[BA] There are probably better examples to help us think about this.

Might a scenario where track.height and track.width could conceivably change in mid-stream be worth considering? For example, in "application" screen sharing, as the application itself took up more or less screen space?