Re: Dropping SDP-specific errors

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 29 January 2016 at 08:58, Adam Roach <abr@mozilla.com> wrote:
> > In fact, we do one better right now (in both spec and implementation):
> SDP
> > errors in Set{Local,Remote}Description cause the returned promise to be
> > rejected with an InvalidSessionDescriptionError. In Firefox, we set the
> > message field of this error to include details regarding the SDP failure,
> > including (if memory serves) line numbers.
>

> Yes, I think that is a perfectly fine answer (and yes, we do capture
> line numbers).
>
> I'm probably reading this thread wrong, but it looks as if Martin says the
SDP error info is unnecessary, while Adam says Firefox does it (and then
some).  This does not appear to me as a consensus either way.  Can either
you (Martin) or Adam help me understand which is the direction that would
be best to go -- towards including line numbers (or similar info) or away
from it?

-- dan