Re: RTCSessionDescription and RTCIceCandidate

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:47:09 -0700
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 09/10/2015 04:08 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> These interfaces serve no good purpose.  I propose that we remove them.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/302

For RTCIceCandidate, I think one of Peter's PRs suggestd a bunch of new
fields for it (and we agreed, I think, that if we have both the string
form and the attribute form, all of the fields would have to be readonly).

But I may be misremembering.

Note (in case we adopt this): I think we can make the argument to
pc.addCandidate be "RTCIcecandidate or DOMString" for as long as we want
to preserve compatibility for. Doesn't have to be in the spec either.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.