Re: Data Channel Buffer Management Proposal

Den 18. mai 2015 22:19, skrev Göran Eriksson AP:

>>> I think that this is the latest, but these things move around a bit:
>>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/streams-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.htm
>>

>> And it did (or I was wrong): https://streams.spec.whatwg.org/
>
> RightŠ
>
> Now it is getting interesting: we have WebRTC stats API, Streams API and
> perhaps also feedback methods (events) on the
> RTCDataChannel API as proposed by Benjamin.

The stats API is certainly the wrong abstraction for this. I'd like to
have it off the table ASAP.

We've already created problems by using the stats API to measure audio
volume (something it is not really good at); I don't want more like that.

> I think Benjamin brought up a valid use case and a pretty well-defined one
> at that that should be addressed here and now.
>
> There there may be that there is another issue here, namely a review of
> the stats and feedback situation of WebRTC APIıs
> but that should be addressed separately from the question of feedback
> event on the RTCDataChannel I think.

Stats always need review.....