Re: Question: how should addTrack work in relation to createOffer et. al.?

Den 14. mai 2015 03:46, skrev Jan-Ivar Bruaroey:

>>> I'm not sure what you're saying here - to me it seems that
>>> createAnswer() is clearly called between pc.addtrack(X) and
>>> pc.addTrack(Y), but we don't have a description of when the .then task
>>> of createAnswer() (and thus the ... part) is called.
>>>
>>> Care to clarify?
>> This code is currently safe, and I know that people do exactly this.
>> But it only works because createAnswer is enqueued behind
>> setRemoteDescription: createAnswer doesn't actually get executed until
>> setRemoteDescription completes.
>
> Right.
>
>  1. setRemoteDescription is called
>  2. Track X is added
>  3. createAnswer is chained (not called)
>  4. Track Y is added
>  5. setRemoteDescription completes
>  6. createAnswer is called
>  7. createAnswer completes
>

> Which explains why Track Y gets included in this corner-case.
>
> We can:
>
>  1. Outlaw it
>  2. Complicate chain (put createAnswer(X and whatelse) on it)
>  3. Leave it
>  4. Always chain (make non-corner cases take Track Y as well)

5. Define that createAnswer's execution model is that it clones the
track list and chains a function innerCreateAnswer(trackListClone) that
does what the user expects given when createAnswer is called, rather
than itself being chained.