Re: Question: how should addTrack work in relation to createOffer et. al.?

On 5/4/15 2:39 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 03/05/15 22:55, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>> Ouch. I misread this part. We are changing the tracks structure outside
>> the operations queue by AddTrack.
>>
>> I think that's a mistake, but I can't argue that it's not in the spec :-(

Care to argue for why you think it is a mistake, to allow for a
discussion that leads to a joint understanding of the issue?

> Perhaps add/removeTrack should be part of the same queue.

Perhaps not.

> (I was thinking about a more radical proposal: remove the queue and
> force the application to wait for promises to resolve before moving on.

What problem do you attribute to the existence of the queue exactly?

> THis would be more in line with the vein of JSEP ("move the state
> handling to the app") IMO. But I think there are cases that makes this a
> bad idea.)

I think at this point we should demand reasons for why a change should
be considered, before looking for reasons not to.

.: Jan-Ivar :.