Re: Should pc.getRemoteStreams() include all remote tracks after pcsetRemoteDescription() ?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:17:11 -0800
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: IƱaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>, Byron Campen <docfaraday@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 4 March 2015 at 18:28, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> all onaddstreams must happen before the success callback/resolution of the
> promise, and at that point getRemoteStreams/getRemoteTracks must return the
> complete list.
> Since setRemoteDescription is what defines streams, this is always possible.

This is certainly how I always understood this.  After all, how do you
setRemote(offer) and know when the set of streams/tracks your peer is
sending is complete so that you can decide what to reject in your
answer?

That said, the spec definitely doesn't say this.  It does say:
"Onnaddstream happens as early as possible after the setRemoteDescription. "

Filed: https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/198