Re: Summary of replace track status

On 5/30/2015 12:51 AM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> Make sure you see both fiddles at once and press |ReplaceTrack| vs
> |Remove+Add| to compare.
>
> It impressed me how small the difference was - granted my machines are
> same-LAN (need to find another wifi, my wifi-4G test failed) - I see a
> split-second flicker on |Remove+Add| compared to |ReplaceTrack| which
> is super-smooth (though there's sometimes a delay flipping back, a
> bug?) Test is also not glare-proofed.

To do a more real-world test: add a setTimeout() for say 50, 100 or
200ms to delay each send() in the renegotiation to see the impacts based
on RTT.  Even at 50ms it should be perceivable (since you get at least
2x the delay, plus overhead).  Also make sure your camera isn't running
at 5 or 10fps in a dark room. :-)

--
Randell Jesup -- rjesup a t mozilla d o t com
Please please please don't email randell-ietf@jesup.org!  Way too much spam