RE: No way to stop sending media but still displaying it locally

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:21:54 +0000
To: IƱaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
CC: Adam Roach <abr@mozilla.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi,

>>> AFAIR some browsers just ignore it so they do send the media.
>>
>> Doesn't that mean the browser(s) is behaving wrong?
>
> Probably, but it is also ugly that I have to call createOffer(), mangle the direction attributes of the SDP and call
> setLocalDescription() with it just to stop sending my media.

That I can agree with.

But, never the less, if we want browsers to ignore the direction attribute it should be documented.

However, JSEP says the following:

  	"R-9   The SDP attributes of "sendonly", "recvonly", "inactive", and
         	"sendrecv" from [RFC4566] MUST be implemented to signal
         	information about media direction."

Regards,

Christer