Re: No way to stop sending media but still displaying it locally

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:51:55 +0100
To: Adam Roach <abr@mozilla.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> I haven't played around with it, but I think you should be able to do this
> by creating a new "you're on hold" stream from a video element using
> MediaElement.captureStream() (see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2013Feb/0079.html
> -- still prefixed in Firefox; I'm not sure if Chrome does this yet), and
> passing the corresponding video track into RTPSender.replaceTrack(). When
> you want to unhold the stream in the PC, swap back to the original stream.

Thanks Adam, but I do not want to indicate "I am on hold" by sending
an audio/video recording to the peer. For that I can notify him with
any HTTP/WebSocket mechanism.

My question was about how to stop sending my local stream while, at
the same time, keep rendering it in my local <video>.
MediaStream#clone() seems to be the solution (just implemented in
Chrome BTW).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>