Re: Call for comments: New charter for WebRTC Working Group

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:40:15 +0100
To: Jim Barnett <1jhbarnett@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
* Jim Barnett wrote:
>It's important to remember that completing a W3C specification requires
>dealing with _all_ comments we receive, from within and without the
>W3C.  Dealing with a comment requires either that the commenter accept
>our response to the comment or that we go through some complicated - and
>time consuming - W3C procedures to handle unreconciled differences.
>The upshot of this is that a major determinant of our schedule is
>outside of our control, namely how many people comment and how stubborn
>they are.

That doesn't really describe W3C practise as I have known it since 1999.
Sure, if a group develops a proposal detached from the larger community
and submits a poor-quality document for review assuming it's perfect, it
might take longer than expected to fix it, but that is under the group's
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/