Re: Javascript based browser API to send/receive the RTCP APP messages

On 01/09/2015 06:05 AM, Bibhudatta Biswal wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We are currently working on a project to support Push-to-talk over
> cellular (PoC) service on WebRTC platform*. *The POC service is based
> on OMA standards which specifies specific RTCP APP messages to be used
> for Floor/Media Burst Control. Currently we don’t see any browser API
> (JavaScript) available which can be used by the browser application to
> send and receive the RTCP APP messages from the underline WebRTC
> engine/framework. Can you please let us know if this is going to be
> supported in the future releases so that the PoC service can be
> provided on WebRTC platform through browser?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Bibhu

There are no plans to support general RTCP message generation.

If support for a specific RTCP functionality is useful for a specific
purpose, we need to have someone who understands those messages and the
applications that can be built from them come up with a proposal, and
make the case that this is important enough to spend browser
implementation/support resources on.

The first step would be to make sure there exist IETF specifications for
the RTCP APP messages and their application that can be referenced.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.