Re: Al PR for adding various fields to RtpParameters and RtpEncodingParameters

On 8/24/2015 6:01 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> maxFramerate can be accomplished with a gUM constraint, so I don't
> think it's needed on the RtpSender.

Not all sources come from gUM (video.captureStream() for example, or
canvas.captureStream(), or even another PeerConnection, etc).  Also, a
stream may have more than one consumer with different needs.  (On a side
note, I was surprised looking at some stats that show a non-trivial
number of peerconnections are carrying 60fps video.)

> Also, I should mention that I didn't include "minQuality" from ORTC,
> since I didn't think we'd ever be able to resolve what "quality" means
> in the 1.0 timeframe, even if it's relative quality.

:-)  I had the same thought...

--
Randell Jesup -- rjesup a t mozilla d o t com
Please please please don't email randell-ietf@jesup.org!  Way too much spam