Re: ReplaceTrack and track.id (Re: ReplaceTrack - need to evaluate alternatives)

On 04/16/2015 12:19 AM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> Well it's already there via SDP munging :).
>
> And te question isn't whether to allow the JS to choose the MID.  It's
> whether to have two IDs/labels (MID + something else), or just one
> (MID).  If one will work, I prefer one.

The two concepts have different lifetimes; a track can be created before
a PeerConnection.

I like to support the model of "you are sending a track over a
PeerConnection; it appears the same on the other side" as much as
possible. Having an ID on the track is part of that model.

 From my perspective, MID is part of the adaptations we do in order to
make SDP work for us.
Having rules from SDP spill over into the track model seems like
tail-wags-dog to me.