Re: replaceTrack proposal

From: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 12:21:49 -0400
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 9/8/14 8:22 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 03/09/14 16:57, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
>> People want to switch seamlessly between the front and back camera on a
>> mobile device in mid-call.
>>
>> This requires somehow switching out the source of a video being sent
>> over a peerConnection without renegotiation.
> Strictly it does not require that. Both cameras could be negotiated at
> the initial SDP O/A, and which of them to show at the remote end-point
> can be signaled app specific (just change which video track that is
> "selected" at the remote end). Can be used in combination with track
> disable to improve efficiency.

Good point, however as I mentioned, most mobile devices wont let us open
more than one camera at a time, which is problematic when the spec
demands the hardware be open already. i.e. How can we open first the
front camera, then close it to open the back camera and then send out
combined SDP for both upfront?

.: Jan-Ivar :.