Re: replaceTrack proposal

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 15:10:53 -0700
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Cc: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 3 September 2014 14:31, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [BA] Would it be possible to handle this via a Promise?

That would still be asynchronous, though it would work perfectly well.
And it would be my preference in fact, except for the fact that we
haven't moved to promises elsewhere.

(On a side note, I think that we should be talking about retrofitting
Promises here.  The cost is actually trivial and the advantages are
significant.  They can be fitted to most methods that use callbacks
without disrupting existing users at all.  I'll follow up on this
separately with a proposal, I think.)