Re: WebRTC and backpressure (how to stop reading?)

On 03/27/14 11:38, Michael Tuexen wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2014, at 18:58, Nicholas Wilson <nicholas@nicholaswilson.me.uk> wrote:
>

> Didn't you say that you want to limit the sending rate? Or even
> stop the sender? So that window would be less than what is allowed
> by the SCTP congestion control.
>> application-level acks won't piggyback neatly onto the transports
>> ACKS. That's a shame, but probably bearable?
> I wouldn't use transport level ACKS. Just messages like
> * Stop sending on this data channel
> * Send no more than n messages per second
> * whatever is necessary to implement the required API...
How do you prevent such messages from being stuck in a congested SCTP
queue? Is only one side allowed to send bulk data?
How does this help with head of line blocking, when sender and receiver
are faster than the network connection?

I stand by my proposal, let the browser keep the SCTP queues as empty as
possible and maintain some queues towards the JS.

Wolfgang Beck