Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:33:15 +0100
To: Kiran Kumar <g.kiranreddy4u@gmail.com>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>

> 1.2) If sdpMangling is set to true, then UA should be provided with a list of parameters/attributes that he is allowed to modify.

I disagree. Such a list of modifiable parameters/attributes should be
given by the specification, no by each browser.

> Setting sdpMangling to false (which is case for majority of scenarios/apps)
> will speedup the process, because browser can start processing the sdp
> without waiting for setLocalDescription.

The elapsed time between createOffer() and setLocalDescription() is
about a few nanoseconds (in the worst case). Completely irrelevant
having later to perform ICE procedures (gathering and path
negotiation).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>