Re: Server-oriented stack (Was: Summary (updated)...)

From: Pedro Rodriguez <lodoyun@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:10:43 +0100
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, Gili <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
I would also like to point out we have another webRTC stack implemented fully compatible with Chrome and Firefox.

You can take a look at the code here https://github.com/ging/licode

We do not aim to fully replicate the webrtc API at this point and I don’t know if that is what people find missing but that can definitely be done starting from the code that’s already there.

I agree we should list these initiatives somewhere as apparently they are not as easy to find as some of us thought :)

I’m joining the list right now and hopefully we can continue the discussion there.

Cheers
--
Pedro Rodriguez

On 29 Jan 2014 at 17:57:53, Iñaki Baz Castillo (ibc@aliax.net) wrote:

2014-01-29 Gili <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>:
> I had no idea any of these implementations existed before you guys mentioned
> them. I think what would help if we listed these (and other) implementations
> off webrtc.org and/or Wikipedia to help users find these resources.

And now it becomes really clear that this conversation should not take
place on this mailing list ;)

A new and independent mailing list (i.e. "webrtc-server-side") in
Google Groups, Yahoo or whatever would be more appropriate.

Opss, I've created it right now :)

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/webrtc-server-side

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo