Re: What is missing for building "real" services?

On 16 January 2014 09:55, Sam Dutton <dutton@google.com> wrote:
> There may be better options, but at this point, other than by providing a
> Chrome extension or similar, I can't think of a better way for CTCUWebRTC to
> enable customers to use their service. The popup approach described may not
> be ideal, but it doesn't require any major re-architecting.

I can think of better ways, though it requires a session continuity
feature where the browser maintains the RTCPeerConnection during
navigation events.

This isn't a new idea, and it would have been a major change to the
web in the past, but it's not that new a concept [1], just a different
spin on an old one.

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/history.html#history