Re: What is missing for building "real" services?

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 00:04:23 +0100
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: Tsahi Levent-Levi <tsahi.leventlevi@gmail.com>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> Even if PeerConnection did work in SharedWorkers, it wouldn't survive a
> navigation, at least AFAICT:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9336774/do-shared-web-workers-persist-across-a-single-page-reload-link-navigation

Persistent PeerConnection objects thanks to SharedWorkers is not an
idea from mine, I'm interested on using them in ServiceWorkers that
having a different API don't know if it would either, but anyway it
was an interesting idea.

After reading that link, I think if it wouldn't make sense to don't
delete the SharedWorker if you are navigating to the same domain,
regarding to the SharedWorker it should have the same behaviour having
another window open or not...

Unix."
 Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux