Re: What is missing for building "real" services?

On 11 Jan 2014 06:55, "Jan-Ivar Bruaroey" <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 1/9/14 8:22 PM, Alexandre GOUAILLARD wrote:
>>
>> 3. See this entire e-mail as an expression of my frustration:
>> - yes, everybody agrees it s important
>> - yes, chrome as *an* implementation
>> - yes, we all agree it's sensitive, and there are a lot of identified
scenarii where things would go wrong.
>> but can we for the love of all the good things out there, not stay stuck
at the above three lines and come up with something, anything, that enable
it without a plugin or an extension (but with care and with some fences
around it to prevent).[...]
>> I certainly don't know enough about the subject even though I read all
the cited draft, specs and related discussion online, and I don;t have the
experience that some (most) of you guys here have. But It does not mean I
don't have a point. I also do not pretend to know enough, and I would have
no problem joining any kind of informal task force including chrome and
mozilla people, at anytime of the day or night (I'm 15 hours away from
pacific time) and try super hard to understand all aspects, if such a task
force was set up with the will to find a way to make it happen. I can even
code parts and/or dedicate staff to this. I just would like to see
something coming else than making a plugin.

> This is the task force. The place to solve this is here.
>
> It's not that hard to understand:
>
> A webpage today is allowed to manipulate content it cannot see. It can
make your bank-account page dance across your screen, but it cannot see it.
Screengrabbing is like giving it a mirror. With that mirror, it can target
and grab all your online information in a flickeringly short second.
Explain that to people.

What happened to the idea of blacking out all tabs that don't have an
explicit permission set, e.g. something like a meets tag of
"screensharing=allow"? I thought that would mediate this issue.

Silvia.