Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

Promises will help here, but good APIs are not in contraposition of
languages failures. Merge this calls maybe it's a little bit of sugar
syntaxis, but it's not a bad thing at all... But definitelly, I don't
agree with the sentence about "WebRTC is designed to build wrapping
libraries". Low level is ok, but should be easy to use "as is", if you
are forced to use a library you are learning to use that library, not
the APIs that offer the browser.

> On 20 Feb 2014, at 11:32, piranna@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Callback hell from real code:
>

> peerConnection.setRemoteDescription(offer, function()
> {
>  peerConnection.createAnswer(function(answer)
>  {
>    peerConnection.setLocalDescription(answer, function()
>    {
>
>        // Send back answer SDP
>
>    },
>    console.error);
>  },
>  console.error);
> },
> console.error);
>

> And there you are confusing language failings with a problem in the API.
> The API is made to be wrapped - the moment we decided not to embed
> signalling
> we (implicitly) made it so almost every webRTC app would use a javascript
> library
> to provide the domain specific interface used by the web programmers.
>
> Although, that said promises may make that look prettier.
>
> http://taoofcode.net/promise-anti-patterns/
>

> T.

Unix."
- Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux