Call hold -- was: RE: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

Hi,

I recall that one of the use cases for SDP mangling that was discussed some time ago was to put a call on hold. According to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3264#section-8.4 this is done by setting the affected stream(s) to sendonly.

I have not found anything in the latest PeerConnection draft to do this via the API (in a way, this is the opposite of "offerToReceiveAudio / offerToReceiveVideo"), and it is also not listed in the wiki referenced by Stefan below. So it seems to me that currently this can only be done by SDP mangling - or did I overlook something?

In case we want to support common use cases by defining a tool in the API to achieve these, I believe that putting a call on hold should be part of these, as it is even part of the original SDP o/a mechanism which we reference as the basis of JSEP. I.e. we would need to have an API feature which allows to set the sendrecv/sendonly/recvonly field in a more generic way than the current offerToReceiveAudio / offerToReceiveVideo.

Kind regards,
Uwe