Re: Stats - minor updates

On 10 Feb 2014, at 16:59, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:

> On 02/10/2014 05:45 PM, Tim Panton new wrote:
>>
>> On 16 Jan 2014, at 22:46, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>>
>>> Jan-Ivar reminded me of some things that needed updating.
>>>
>>> You can see the diff I did here:
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/wiki/index.php?title=Stats&diff=386&oldid=383
>>>
>>> The most controversial (?) may be the addition of priority at both candidate and candidate pair level; given that the computation of the 64-bit candidate pair priority is less simple than one would think, it seems to make sense to give both.
>>>

>> Looking through this for the first time in _ages_ , I'm wondering how a javascript programmer associates a set of statistics
>> with a specific <video> element ?
>
> He doesn't. These are stats for a PeerConnection, not for a MediaElement.
>>

>> Am I missing something obvious, or is it easier in the spec than on the current canary?
>
> I think the app needs to "know" which PeerConnection to interrogate for a given <video> element - after all, the app was the one to connect them, so it should be possible.

Knowing the peer connection is ok. But I don't see a way of knowing which ssrcIds got associated with a videoElement (other than looking at the peerConnection SDP). You know the trackId, but I don't think that corresponds to the trackId in the stats - or is that a
mis-reading on my part.

> Once you know which MediaStreamTrack carries the video for that element, you should be able to pass that as a filter argument to GetStats, so that you can avoid wading through irrelevant statistics.

Last I looked that filter wasn't implemented anywhere. (yet) Again have I missed a refreshed version?

T.