Re: Stats - minor updates

On 02/10/2014 05:45 PM, Tim Panton new wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2014, at 22:46, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no
> <mailto:harald@alvestrand.no>> wrote:
>
>> Jan-Ivar reminded me of some things that needed updating.
>>
>> You can see the diff I did here:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/wiki/index.php?title=Stats&diff=386&oldid=383
>>
>> The most controversial (?) may be the addition of priority at both
>> candidate and candidate pair level; given that the computation of the
>> 64-bit candidate pair priority is less simple than one would think,
>> it seems to make sense to give both.
>>

> Looking through this for the first time in _ages_ , I'm wondering how
> a javascript programmer associates a set of statistics
> with a specific <video> element ?

He doesn't. These are stats for a PeerConnection, not for a MediaElement.

> Am I missing something obvious, or is it easier in the spec than on
> the current canary?

I think the app needs to "know" which PeerConnection to interrogate for
a given <video> element - after all, the app was the one to connect
them, so it should be possible.

Once you know which MediaStreamTrack carries the video for that element,
you should be able to pass that as a filter argument to GetStats, so
that you can avoid wading through irrelevant statistics.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.