Re: Transport control API

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:41:27 +0200
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 09/11/2013 07:43 AM, cowwoc wrote:

>     One thing I would like to discuss (unfortunately we ran out of
> time during the call) is whether there is consensus that the current
> WebRTC implementations should ramp up faster.

Gili, I repeat what I have said to you on the call, in previous email
conversations, and in previous calls.

TAKE THIS ISSUE TO RMCAT.

If you can get a documented IETF consensus that a particular ramp-up
speed is safe, the W3C API will adopt by reference that consensus.

The W3C *WILL NOT, CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT* try to override IETF
consensus on what's safe for the Internet.

(the fact that the current Chrome implementation is overly conservative
even by IETF standards is a bug in the Chrome implementation. That issue
belongs on discuss-webrtc@googlegroups.com. It is not a specification
matter.)

If this is not clear enough:

The ramp-up speed is OUT OF SCOPE FOR THE WORLD WIDE WEB CONSORTIUM.

           Harald