Re: [MMUSIC] Should we put the SCTP max message size in the SDP?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:26:27 -0800
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 26 November 2013 16:19, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> I think there are benefits in using fmtp as a more general mechanism for
> indicating attributes for the SCTP association (so that we don't have to
> rehash this the next time we need to signal some parameter), but I would be
> fine with a=max-size as well.

Not that I care much about whether this is a=fmtp:5000 max-size or
just a=max-size, but I'm not sure that there's an appreciable
difference between the two in this case.  Superficially at least, the
more complex option is fmtp, and that might be justifiable if
a=fmtp:5001 could have a different maximum.  Isn't a more direct
approach sensible in the absence of a use case for the alternative?