Re: Why does screen sharing require a browser extension?

From: Rob Manson <robman@mob-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:05:13 +1100
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
If the consent box is fired everytime sharing is requested and it forces
you as a user to pick the context (e.g. full desktop or select a
specific window) and there's no way to provide consent unless you
explicitly make a choice (e.g. can't just click "accept").  Then surely
this is a pretty compelling argument that the user actually intended
this action isn't it?

And surely what happens after that is the same whether it's built-into
the browser, an extension or a stand-alone app?

roBman