Re: [MMUSIC] Should we put the SCTP max message size in the SDP?

On 11/26/2013 10:02 PM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RFC 4975 (MSRP) defines a max-recv attribute (value given in octets).
> Eventhough defined for MSRP, the semantics in general seem to match,
> so maybe we could take a look at that?

max-size? (I looked for "max" in RFC 4975, and that was the one I found).

> I think we should try to avoid, if possible, defining different
> attributes, indicating the same thing, based on the protocol.

That makes sense to me.

It is also defined as a separate a= attribute, not folded into a=fmtp or
the a=sctpmap line. This removes some flexibility (can't have different
values for different a=sctpmap lines), but it seems to me likely that
much of the time, this value will be the same for all a=sctpmap lines
anyway, being given more by stack implementation methodologies than by
higher-level protocol usages.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.