Re: Why does screen sharing require a browser extension?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:20:12 -0800
To: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 25 November 2013 12:13, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> Pick colors which no one is color-blind to.
> Your friend *saw* the border, he just didn't know what it meant. I am
> willing to bet that if it pulsed, he'd definitely see it.
> If you add the alert icon with the tooltip as Java did, there would be no
> confusion as to the meaning of the border. I've used this feature live and I
> can tell you it was very easy to understand.

I'm fairly certain that doesn't work either.  The problem, of which I
provided a specific example, is something that I will call "chrome
blindness".  Users don't notice this stuff.  Despite 15+ years of
training, the lock icon still doesn't work as advertised.

> How does requiring each app to publish a separate extension on Chrome Store
> scale any better?

Justin's example might scale, depending on how app stores are managed.