Re: RTC in Web workers

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:41:24 +0100
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> Since getUserMedia is only available on navigator, which is not available to
> WebWorkers, this depends on having the ability to send MediaStreams and/or
> MediaStreamTracks to WebWorkers (I think Stefan had a proposal for doing
> that earlier).

Obviously, getUserMedia() can't (and never should) have direct access
from WebWorkers, but passing a MediaStream object between main thread
and WebWorkers using postMessage() would be feasable.

> Are there other dependencies that have to be resolved?

PeerConnection object alone with MediaStreams and DataChannels (no
other things like getUserMedia() and so) would be enough, I believe.

Unix."
 Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux