Re: API design

From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:49:08 -0500
To: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
CC: "piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com>, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 6/28/13 18:28, Roman Shpount wrote:
> Looking at the amount of code reuse I am not sure we can count Chrome
> and Firefox as two implementations. Maybe one and a half.

You're very confused on this point.

The code we share in common is pretty much limited to the media
processing (e.g. codecs), which isn't really the subject of the
standardization that is currently underway.

Firefox's implementation of the two major specs -- PeerConnection and
getUserMedia -- is completely independent of Chrome's, as is our network
transport (e.g., ICE and DTLS).

/a