Re: Alternative to the offer/answer mechanism

On 20 June 2013 14:57, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:
>> navigator.getUserMedia({ audio: true }, function(media) {
>>     var track = media.audioTracks[0];
>>     var description = new RealtimeMediaDescription(track);
>>     var localRtStream = new LocalRealtimeMediaStream(track, description,
>> realtimeTransport);
>>     signalingChannel.send(description.toDictionary());
>> });
>>
> On CU-WebRTC, would this allow to stablish the connection, or you
> would need to send back the remote peer description (the "answer" on
> WebRTC)? I hope no, or we would be on almost the same situation...

That piece of code:
 - acquires local media,
 - generates a default description of that media,
 - attaches it to an *existing* transport (established in other parts
of the code), and
 - sends the description to the peer via signaling so that the peer
can play out the stream.

As a result of attaching the media to the transport, packets begin
flowing.  This example does not require any permission from the peer,
other than the consent ICE establishes for packet transmission.