Re: Alternative to the offer/answer mechanism

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:13:31 -0700
To: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Cc: "Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE)" <matthew.kaufman@skype.net>, "piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com>, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 20 June 2013 10:37, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
>     We need an API that lies somewhere between WebRTC and CU-RTCWEB because
> it looks like the latter complicates common use-cases. If you disagree, can
> you please reply with a complete testcase demonstrating what a common
> use-case would look like?

The CU-RTC-Web code samples show that it's very easy to establish a
simple audio call.  Complexity of the simplest scenarios are on-par
with RTCPeerConnection.  A more complicated example is shown here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2012Oct/0076.html
(look at the second example, not the first)