Re: SDP wrapper? Object-oriented API?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:30:47 +0200
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
2013/6/20 Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>:
> You did notice that these interfaces have absolutely no idea what DTLS is or
> what ICE is, right?
>
> There are just a *few* more libraries used to provide the whole set of
> functionalities.
> And:
>
> video_engine/include line count: 1695
> voice_engine/include line count: 2121
>
> You are not talking about small, simple, easily usable interfaces here.

Right, but I expect that a JS API should not care about the C++ code
of the browser, that's why it is an API.

- API WebRTC.getIceCandidates() => return Object

- API WebRTC.getCodecs(constrains Object) => return Array of Objects

- HTTP req or WebSocket for sending candidates and codecs info to peer
(at JS level you can build a SDP string for that if you want...)

- API RTCPeerConnection.setOngoingMedia(type, codecs, preference...)

- API RTCPeerConnection.startIce(myCandidates Object, remoteCandidates Object)

- etc etc

If such an API looks like the native WebRTC API... ok, otherwise also ok.

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>