Re: quibbles about the spec

> On 06/10/2013 02:27 PM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
>> Thanks Jim for taking the time to review. Comments inline.
>>
>> On 2013-06-06 21:28, Jim Barnett wrote:
>>> Adam,
>>>
>>>    Here are a few nits from the latest editor’s draft.
>>>
>>> In section 4.3.1, we have:
>>>
>>> ·  Return connection, but continue these steps asynchronously.
>>>
>>> ·  Await a stable state. The synchronous section consists of the
>>> remaining steps of this algorithm.
>>>
>>>  >> Should the second bullet item say “The asynchronous section…”?
>>
>> This is a bit messy. The async section was a central part of the
>> pre-JSEP API constructor, but I think it's pretty much non-existent
>> in the current version. We need to do some cleaning here.
>
> I think this is terminology from HTML5 - that spec seems to
> consistently refer to a "synchronous section" when it talks about
> sections that are being executed asynchronously.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/single-page.html#synchronous-section
>
> Personally, I find that terminology almighty confusing - but there's
> value in using the same terminology, so that people only have to get
> used to the terminology once.

The HTML5 document never actually defines what a synchronous section
means. It just uses it as part of a sentence, and you're doing the same.
In both cases I have no idea what the writer is trying to convey.

I'm with Jim on this one: find a another way to convey this idea, or
formally define what a synchronous section means. (And frankly, the
HTML5 guys should do the same) ;)

Gili