Re: quibbles about the spec

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:59:07 +0200
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 06/10/2013 02:27 PM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> Thanks Jim for taking the time to review. Comments inline.
>
> On 2013-06-06 21:28, Jim Barnett wrote:
>> Adam,
>>
>>    Here are a few nits from the latest editor’s draft.
>>
>> In section 4.3.1, we have:
>>
>> ·  Return connection, but continue these steps asynchronously.
>>
>> ·  Await a stable state. The synchronous section consists of the
>> remaining steps of this algorithm.
>>
>>  >> Should the second bullet item say “The asynchronous section…”?
>
> This is a bit messy. The async section was a central part of the
> pre-JSEP API constructor, but I think it's pretty much non-existent in
> the current version. We need to do some cleaning here.

I think this is terminology from HTML5 - that spec seems to consistently
refer to a "synchronous section" when it talks about sections that are
being executed asynchronously.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/single-page.html#synchronous-section

Personally, I find that terminology almighty confusing - but there's
value in using the same terminology, so that people only have to get
used to the terminology once.