Re: SDP is not suitable for WebRTC

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:33:46 +0200
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
2013/7/30 Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>:
>> Humm, I want to generate:
>>
>> - 7 m=audio lines with a=recvonly
>> - 1 m=audio line with a=sendrecv
>> - 4 m=video lines with a=recvonly
>> - 1 m=video line with a=sendrecv
>>
>> Is this feasible with the API modification you mention above?
>>

> I think if you specified constraints:
>
> offerToReceiveVideo=5
> offerToReceiveAudio=8
>
> and added an outgoing stream with one audio and one video track, that
> would seem like the most logical thing to happen.
>
> But this is not in the specification yet (nor in the code, nor in the
> test sets), so I can't say for sure. Send text!

Thanks Harald. Could you please point me to the exact ML or web in
which I should propose such a text?

P.S: Did you like my nice and great custom wire protocol? I would like
you to know how frustrated I feel because I cannot implement it in
WebRTC just because others feel confortable enough with SDP (for their
needs?).

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo