Re: On babies and bathwater (was Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:30:09 +0200
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, "Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE)" <matthew.kaufman@skype.net>, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> I don't see how this would produce a useful artifact. What would the browser
> emit to be inserted in signaling messages? It has to be something (at least
> in the current model).

You have objects whose data will need to be transfer, but instead of
be required to be done in a SDP blob, the format will be a decision of
the developer about what best fit for its application, being this SDP,
JSON, MessagePack or whatever (also custom ones). Also this would lead
to have an abstract API instead of one SDP oriented.

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux