Re: do we want success and failure callbacks on addStream?

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:

> 2013/7/24 Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com>:
> > I think we should use a callback on addStream
>
> Which information would such a callback provide? Would it be called
> with an "error" argument if the remote rejects ALL THE TRACKS of the
> stream with "port 0" in their "m" line?

I think you're misunderstanding the context in which an error would
be fired. It's not going to be in response to the other side rejecting
the offer but in response to the PC not being able to construct a new
offer which would reflect the stream. Recall that the effect of invoking
addStream() is to call .onrenegotiationneeded() not to actually
exchange any signaling messages.

To give an example, consider what happens if you add a closed
stream. This isn't ever going to work, so there needs to be an
error reported here, even though we have no idea of the
other side's capabilities.

-Ekr

Would it be called with