Re: Cisco's position on the WebRTC API

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/13 3:49 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

>> Do take my suggestion for a .mute() function on MediaStream as such a
>> concrete proposal.
>>
>> Another concrete proposal is to add a bandwidth limitation to the
>> constraints handling.
>>
>> And a third is to introduce receive-only peer connections instead of
>> having to do:
>> desc.sdp = desc.sdp.replace(/a=sendrecv/g, "a=recvonly");
>> Maybe this part can go into the RTCConfiguration?
>
> Note that we sent out a separate call for input like this:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2013Jul/0176.html

Excellent - were the replies captured somewhere? If mine aren't there,
please regard my input as a reply to those. I'm only just learning
what features require me to mangle SDP.

> Regarding the "mute" (stop sending temporarily) and bandwidth parts I
> did an input:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2013Jul/0260.html

Sorry if I was just repeating things. I'm sure if I had seen
consequences of those submissions, I wouldn't have needed to repeat
it. So, hopefully we can make these happen this time around.

Thanks,
Silvia.