Re: Trickle ICE questions?

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:43:37 -0700
To: Philipp Hancke <fippo@goodadvice.pages.de>
Cc: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Philipp Hancke
<fippo@goodadvice.pages.de>wrote:

> Am 22.07.2013 20:20, schrieb Roman Shpount:
>
>  On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I am trying to enable TURN for one "m=" line if it is necessary and
>>> disable it for all the other "m=" lines. I feel like the appropriate API
>>> is
>>> missing, or at least there is no parity between createOffer/createAnswer
>>> with setLocalDescription and onicecandidate event. I think either some
>>> sort
>>> of setLocalICECandidate method is missing or onicecandidate event should
>>> have a return value which forces this candidate to be ignored.
>>>

>> Since the appropriate API is missing, what is the next step? Should I open
>> ticket somewhere?
>>

> Have you tried dropping any candidates of type relay for the affected
> m-line in the onicecandidate event instead of passing them to the remote
> side?
>
> Yes, that requires you to parse the candidates sdp line :-)

In general, stripping candidates doesn't do exactly what you would
like since the browser will still try to originate checks from those
candidates.

Roman, can you explain a little more about what you are trying to achieve.
especially in light of bundle?

-Ekr