Re: Proposal: Different specifications for different target audiences

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:11:58 -0700
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, tim panton <thp@westhawk.co.uk>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 21 July 2013 17:40, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:
> High-Level: Effectively SIP in the browser
> Mid-Level: What we have now
> Low-Level: Something in the vein of CU-RTC-Web

This sort of characterization is very misleading.  It's possible to
provide APIs that function at multiple "levels".

What I will concede is that CU-RTC-Web includes low-level functions.
That's because we started from the bottom and worked our way up to
providing easier implementation options.  That's a process that can be
continued almost indefinitely, but we believe that it's appropriate to
leave the really high-level stuff to the user-space libraries.