RE: On babies and bathwater (was Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

From: Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE) <matthew.kaufman@skype.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 03:42:51 +0000
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
CC: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, "<rtcweb@ietf.org>" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Cullen Jennings [mailto:fluffy@iii.ca]:

> On Jul 19, 2013, at 11:40 AM, Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE)
> <matthew.kaufman@skype.net> wrote:
>
> > From: Martin Thomson [mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com]
> >>
> >> Negotiation is a hole.  A vast, soul-sucking, waste of time.
> >
> > And negotiation over SDP requires a trip to MMUSIC every time you think
> of something new, too. That's a soul-sucking waste of time *itself*.
> >
> > Matthew Kaufman
>
> Better than a trip to W3C, IETF, and XSF

One successfully early trip to the W3C to get some JS APIs that let me build anything I want later is a hell of a lot better than one trip to MMUSIC (when I'm already on a deadline, no doubt) every time I come up with an idea in the future.

I know you know this, so I don't know why you would say what you said.

Matthew Kaufman